US fractional shares online trading now available, you can now trade US Stock with as little as US$10 on 100 high-quality US stocks shortlisted for clients’ own selection. With just a small and flexible amount of investment, you can own a small slice of a share of a global leading company.
US fractional shares trading is simple and convenient, providing you with a low-cost way to diversify your investment portfolios to balance risks.
How do I place an order for a US Stocks via WebTrade?
- Log into your KGI Asia Trading Account.
- Select “United States” in “Securities Trading”.
- Fill in the details of your order request.
- Click “Preview” to double check your entries before you confirm.
US Stocks orders currently can only be placed via WebTrade or our 24-hour InvestLine at (852) 2878-5555.
See Trade Demo for an interactive guide to WebTrade.
What is the next step after I placed an order?
Once you placed an order, WebTrade will provide you a summary of your order and a reference number of which is a confirmation that your order has been accepted with us. Please DO NOT disconnect from WebTrade until you have received the reference number. You can always check the status of your orders by clicking "Securities Trading" > "Order Status".
See Trade Demo for an interactive guide to WebTrade.
How do I amend/cancel my order?
You can amend/cancel the quantity of your orders and prices if they have not yet been fully executed.
To do so, click on the respective “Amend”/”Cancel” link on the Order Status table under "WebTrade" > "Securities Trading", enter new quantity and price in the respective boxes and click “Submit”.
SeeTrade Demo for an interactive guide to WebTrade.
What types of US Stocks can I trade via WebTrade?
You can trade online all stocks listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), American Stock Exchange (AMEX) and the Nasdaq Stock Market (Nasdaq).
With effective from May 12, 2014, order placed for certain U.S. stocks (mainly Pink and OTCBB stocks) will not be accepted by KGI
For details, please refer to the following link:
Should you have any questions, please call our 24-hour InvestLine (852) 2878 5555 or your Investment Representative.
What are trading hours for the US Stocks market?
The trading hours for NYSE, AMEX and Nasdaq are:
Monday to Friday
|Summer Time (Mar to Nov)||Winter Time (Nov to Mar of the next year)|
|Pre-market Session||18:00 - 21:30 (HKT)||19:00 - 22:30 (HKT)|
|Regular Trading Hours||21:30 - 04:00 (HKT)||22:30 - 05:00 (HKT)|
|Post-market Session||04:00 - 06:20 (HKT)||05:00 - 06:20 (HKT)|
What is the valid period for orders for US Stocks?
There are four options that come with different valid periods for orders for US Stocks: Pre-Market, Post Market, Day + Pre/Post and Day.
- "Day" means that your order is only valid during the Regular Trading Hours.
- "Pre Market" means that your order is only valid during the Pre-market Session.
- "Post Market" means that your order is only valid during the Post-market Session.
- "Day + Pre/Post" means that your order is valid during the Pre-market Session, Regular Trading Hours and Post-market Session.
* After your "Pre Market", "Post Market" or "Day + Pre/Post" order is executed, an additional fee of USD 0.0035 per share will be charged.
What are the risks of Extended Hours Trading?
Extended Hours Trading refers to trading outside of Regular Trading Hours, including the Pre-market Session and Post-market Session. When trading during Extended Hours Trading, you should be aware of related risks.
For details, please refer to US Extended Hours Trading – Risk Disclosure Statement.
What are the cut-off times for order entries for US Stocks?
To ensure the smooth processing of your order entries, please note the following schedule:
Summer Time: 18:00 – 21:30
Winter Time: 19:00 – 22:30
Summer Time: 21:30 – 04:00
Winter Time: 22:30 – 05:00
Summer Time: 04:00 – 06:20
Winter Time: 05:00 – 06:20
Summer Time: 07:00 – 18:00
Winter Time: 08:00 – 19:00
Regular Trading Hours
: Orders received will be processed immediately
: Orders received will be processed in the next trading session
: Orders rejected
What is the settlement period for US Stocks?
The settlement period is trade date plus 2 US business days. (T+2)
What are the restrictions for trading US Securities?
Our US broker does not accept:
- Placing orders 10% away from the current market price, or the order exceeds 20,000 shares or USD 1.5 million during the Pre-market Session. Otherwise, stocks of OTC market cannot be traded.
- Buy and/or Depository order of US Micro-Cap Stocks (i.e. OTCBB market) with price less than USD 0.50 per share AND market capitalization of USD 50 million or less (the "50/50 rule"), OR
- Buy and/or Depository order of securities trading in OTC Pink Sheet market other than
- American Depository Receipt (ADR) or
- Securities that also trade in other countries (Last digit of stock code is "F")
As it takes time for our US broker to review the sell order of these kinds of securities, such orders will be delayed reaching the market. We would like to remind you:
- NOT to repeatedly send the same order to avoid duplication if the order is delayed;
- After the review is completed, our US broker will release or reject the order
What is the board lot size for US Stocks?
There is no board lot size for US Stocks. Investor can trade a minimum of 1 share per order.
Can I short-sell US Stocks?
Short-selling of US Stocks is not allowed via WebTrade.
Can I buy and sell the same US Stocks on the same trading day?
Once your Buy order has been executed, you can place a Sell order at any time.
What is US Tick Size Pilot Program?
Starting from October 3, 2016, a policy named Tick Size Pilot Program was implemented, aiming to evaluate whether widening the tick size for securities of smaller capitalization would impact their trading, liquidity, and market quality, affecting about 1,200 US securities listed in NYSE Group and Nasdaq.
The program requires that orders for these securities can only be placed in 5-cent increment / decrement, that means the minimize unit that you can add or reduce for limit orders is 5-cent (0.05, 0.10, 0.15, etc.).
The program took 2 phases to be effective. In the 1st phase, about 10 securities began quoting and trading with the new requirements on 3 Octobers, 2016, and about 1,200 securities on 31 October of the same year for the 2nd phrase.
For the stock list and rollout details, please refer to https://www.finra.org/sites/default/files/Tick_Size_Pilot_Rollout_List.xlsx .
For the details of Tick Size Pilot Program, please refer to http://www.finra.org/industry/tick-size-pilot-program and http://www.finra.org/industry/tick-size-pilot-program-implementation-plan .
Should you have any queries, please call our 24-hour InvestLine (852) 2878-5555 or contact your Investment Representative.
What is the settlement currency for US Stocks transactions?
The settlement currency will be the trading currency for US Stocks transactions. Please ensure sufficient money in the settlement currency is available to avoid interest charges.
Where can I find executed orders?
Details of the executed orders can be found under "WebTrade" > "Securities Trading" > "Order Status".
- Local indices are at least 15 minutes delayed.
- China indices are at least 15 minutes delayed.
- Taipei Indices are at least 20 minutes delayed.
- US indices are at least 15 minutes delayed.